- O report all ye faithful: Stephen Colbert will be hosting his own hourlong musical Christmas special on Comedy Central. “A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All!” will air on 23 November and will feature several musical guests including Willie Nelson and Feist. Jon Stewart will appear with Colbert to duet on a tune called “Hanukkah.”
- Ratings winners and losers: Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill continue to boost ratings for the Cee Dub on Monday nights but it remains to be seen if the high ratings will continue once other networks begin premiering their new seasons (within the week). The Closer and Weeds had strong finishes for their seasons and True Blood picked up a 24% increase in viewers for its second episode. Unfortunately, Entourage showed no improvement.
- Pickups: Raising the Bar was picked up by TNT because…well, I won’t mock it. Let me watch it first. Saving Grace was also picked up for a third season.
- Fox is developing a contemporary retelling of Snow White. Yes, as an ongoing show.
Tentatively titled “Georgia and the Seven Associates,” the hourlong comedy-drama is tonally described as “The Devil Wears Prada” meets “Taxi” set in Los Angeles’ legal circles.
It centers on Georgia Burnett, a young lawyer who is banished from a top law firm run by her stepmother and forced to team up with seven quirky lawyers at a storefront legal office.
It could be totally fun, it could be totally awful, but it’s Fox so it’ll likely be totally cancelled.
- As I mentioned earlier, the primetime Emmys are airing on Sunday and we’ll be posting live reactions during the show. Stay tuned for our predictions.
A Colbert Christmas And Other TV News.