- Josh Brolin will be hosting Saturday Night Live on the 18th. I will be writing awkward fanfic. The musical guest will be Adele. Before then, this weekend, Anne Hathaway will be hosting with the Killers and on the 25th, Jon Hamm, whom I could not pick out of a lineup will be hosting with Coldplay. I hope they do “Lost!” That song is my jaaaam. Hey, let’s listen to it while we do the rest of the news!
- Alright, then. Norman Lear, who needs no introduction, is teaming with HBO to produce a drama series set in the world of competitive wrestling. Yes, I will be as surprised as you will be to tell people that show about pro wrestling is great. It’s tentatively titled “Everybody Hurts” and it’s reportedly set in the earlier days of the industry before it became a billion dollar business.
- Speaking of 70s and TV, The Partridge Family is coming back. You just think about that for a minute. It will be on NBC because apparently Jess was right and they are, in fact, trying to fail. Exhibit C:
“In the original, the kids actually recruited their mom to front the band, which I can’t see happening in any family on this planet,” he said. “The new version will reflect what seems to me to be the more realistic family band scenario these days: a struggling, sort of well-meaning mom pimping her kids in order to create a wholesome-slash-sexy cash cow.”
- Let’s go back to it’s not TV. HBO is also developing a future-set series called Americatown, which deals with a mass exodus from the United States that results in “Chinatown-like enclaves” in other countries.
In his research for “Americatown,” Winters had explored possible nightmare scenarios that could bring the U.S. to a collapse decades down the road. Among these hypotheticals: the price of oil skyrocketing and natural disasters reaching catastrophic proportions. Then suddenly oil hovered near $150 a barrel this summer, floods hit the Midwest and the South, and Wall Street crashed under the weight of the mortgage crisis.
- Stephen Colbert will be appearing in a Spiderman issue. The picture is awesome.
Josh Brolin Is Hot And Other TV News