- The Wire is the greatest show of all time. Don’t argue with me; it’s been proven scientifically.* Here’s a look at the now abandoned soundstage. If you have not seen the show, A) get off the computer and go rent it now and B) the photos and captions are somewhat spoiler-y.
- Alex Trebek will be returning to his ancestral home to host a reality show called Canada’s Next Prime Minister. Read it as many times as you like; it still won’t seem real.
- Robert Carlyle will be leading the crew in the SciFi Channel’s new program “Stargate Universe.” The program will focus on a ship trying to get back to terra firma after being forced through a stargate.
- David E. Kelley’s new NBC legal drama is called “Legally Mad” and will star Charity Wakefield as a young woman who takes a job at her father’s law firm, Unicorn and Unicorn. Hugh Bonneville will play her father. Lila Fowler had no comment at press time.
- ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson defended the firing of Brooke Smith from Grey’s Anatomy, saying that the character and her relationship with Callie Torres were “not working” for “us.” He also said that Smith’s subsequent comments were her “[talking] in a manner that was useful to her.” Finally, he also defended the pairing of Izzie with Ghost!Denny, who is apparently not really a ghost. So to recap, lesbians? Not working. Not!Ghost? Working.
Look at this President-elect!
Nobody living can ever stop me,
As I go walking that freedom highway;
Nobody living can ever make me turn back
This land was made for you and me.
*Methodology may be unscientific.